How to register a business in Costa Rica?
First of all, it should be noted that the registration of a company in Costa Rica is a simple process. Company registration in Costa Rica consists of certain actions, each of which is quite important.
To start registration, a standard package of identification documents for the founders and members of the company is required, as well as the following information:
- 2-3 names of the future company in order of priority;
- structure of the future company (who is the director, shareholder, beneficiary);
- type of activity of the future company.
Once you have received all the required documents and information, the company registration in Costa Rica will begin. The whole process from obtaining the necessary documents for registration to preparing the final package of corporate documents for a ready-made company includes the following stages:
- Checking company names and choosing an acceptable one. Name verification takes only a few hours.
- Preparation of forms (D-140 and others) and other documents for submission to the Register of Companies of the Republic of Costa Rica.
- Company registration procedure. This stage takes from 6 to 9 working days from the moment all the necessary forms, documents and information are submitted to the Register.
- Preparation of statutory documents for a registered company and production of a seal (if necessary).
- Certification of documents. The certification process takes 1-2 days.
Costa Rica is a state party to the 1961 Hague Apostille Convention, therefore documents can also be apostilled. The term for apostillization of documents in Costa Rica takes about 5 days on average.