Is it profitable to open a business in Costa Rica?
Many investors choose Costa Rica to open a company. This is because there are a number of advantages of registering a company in Costa Rica, namely:
- high degree of confidentiality and anonymity;
- fast company registration;
- the company pays taxes on income generated in Costa Rica;
- there are no reporting or accounting requirements;
- Costa Rica is not considered an offshore haven and has a number of free trade agreements with various countries (USA, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Dominican Republic and the Caribbean).
It should also be noted that the most common form of incorporation in Costa Rica is Sociedad Anonima, meaning that shareholders are not responsible for the actions of the company.